Through lectures and exercises, this course focuses on the impact of sedimentology, sequence stratigraphy, and diagenesis in E&P of carbonate reservoirs. Attendees will learn how carbonate reservoirs form and the unique attributes that affect interpretation techniques, including geometry, facies, and diagenetic alteration.
Who should attend the training
Technical professionals involved in exploration for and development of carbonate reservoirs.
The training time: (5 days)
Knowledge of basic geology.
• Major controls on occurrence and nature of carbonate platforms, depositional environments, and facies
• Carbonate grain types and early lithification in subtropical lagoon, beach, and reef environments
• Carbonate sequence stratigraphy principles
• Miocene fault-block carbonate platform, stratigraphic geometries, facies associations, and depositional sequences
• Carbonate sequence stratigraphy and seismic stratigraphy applications to rimmed shelves and ramps
• Tectonic and basinal controls on carbonate platform types
• Near-surface diagenetic environments, processes, and products in carbonate rocks and their relation to sequence stratigraphy
للتسجيل على الكورس يرجى الضغط على تسجيل